Even well written Cycle Features can sometimes seem unclear to a new user.
By including comments at the beginning of your Feature and within Scenarios, you can lay out all pertinent details for a reader without needing to use Cycle Steps.
Feature File Header
Every Feature File should start with the Cycle version number included as a comment
- Cycle version number
- Application version number
- Purpose of the Feature File
- Names of Scenarios or Feature Files that will be imported
- Names of any resources that will be needed to execute the Feature File
- Assumptions and usage instructions
# Cycle Version 184.108.40.206 # WMS Version: 2009_1 # Desc: The Feature File is to wave an order via wave operations GUI screen # Import Feature/Scenarios: # JDA_WM_Utilities.feature # Wave_Ops.feature # Resources: # Gui_Login-Login.png # Wave_Operations-Wave_Operations_Title.png
Comments can also be added for the sake of clarity before a Step, set of Steps, or Scenario. This is particularly helpful to add descriptive information related to loops, conditionals, and breaks.